Artichoke, tomato and mozzarella ciabatta
- July 2004
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 15 mins
Treat your ciabatta bread to a delicious topping of artichoke, tomato and mozzarella. An Italian recipe that is a sure winner at lunch or as a starter.
Love artichokes? Check out our artichoke recipe collection for dozens more ideas.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 44g (13.8g saturated)
- 70g (8.3g sugars)
- 1 large ciabatta loaf
- 290g jar chargrilled artichoke hearts in olive oil (we used artichokes from Sainsbury’s Taste The Difference range)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 290g jar whole cherry tomato and roasted pepper sauce (we used a Sacla’ sauce, from supermarkets)
- 125g buffalo mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 50g wild rocket
- Preheat the grill. Using a sharp knife split the ciabatta in half, then cut each half in 2 lengthways to give 4 bases. Brush with a little oil from the artichoke jar. Pop under the grill for 2 minutes until lightly toasted, then rub with the garlic while still warm.
- Divide the tomato sauce between the ciabatta. Top each with some artichokes (halved, if large) and scatter over the mozzarella. Season, then grill for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden and bubbling. Top with rocket leaves, then drizzle with a little of the artichoke oil to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...