Artichoke, tomato and mozzarella ciabatta
- July 2004
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 15 mins
Treat your ciabatta bread to a delicious topping of artichoke, tomato and mozzarella. An Italian recipe that is a sure winner at lunch or as a starter.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 44g (13.8g saturated)
- 70g (8.3g sugars)
- 1 large ciabatta loaf
- 290g jar chargrilled artichoke hearts in olive oil (we used artichokes from Sainsbury’s Taste The Difference range)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 290g jar whole cherry tomato and roasted pepper sauce (we used a Sacla’ sauce, from supermarkets)
- 125g buffalo mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 50g wild rocket
- Preheat the grill. Using a sharp knife split the ciabatta in half, then cut each half in 2 lengthways to give 4 bases. Brush with a little oil from the artichoke jar. Pop under the grill for 2 minutes until lightly toasted, then rub with the garlic while still warm.
- Divide the tomato sauce between the ciabatta. Top each with some artichokes (halved, if large) and scatter over the mozzarella. Season, then grill for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden and bubbling. Top with rocket leaves, then drizzle with a little of the artichoke oil to serve.
Rate & review