Asian-style chicken soup
- November 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 20-30 min
This chicken noodle soup recipe is made using storecupboard ingredients – making it perfect for a midweek meal.
- 11.5g (2.1g saturated)
- 59.9g (1.4g sugars)
- 6 skinless free-range chicken thighs
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1.2 litres chicken stock (see tip)
- Small bunch fresh coriander
- 2 garlic cloves
- 300g dried egg or rice noodles
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp chilli flakes, plus extra
- 250g frozen spinach, defrosted
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/ gas 6. Put the chicken in a roasting tin, drizzle with oil, season and roast for 20-30 minutes until cooked. Leave to cool slightly, then shred.
- Bring the stock to a boil in a large pan. Chop the coriander stems (see tip) and add to the pan. Reserve the leaves. Crush in the garlic. When the stock is boiling, reduce to a simmer and add 150-200ml water to dilute.
- Add the noodles along with the soy and chilli. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until tender, then add the chicken and spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- Season to taste, then serve scattered with the coriander leaves and extra chilli flakes, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter