Aromatic chicken pho noodle soup
- January 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in 10 minutes
This aromatic chicken noodle soup is bursting with flavour and makes an exciting and healthy supper.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 2.9g (1.6g saturated)
- 30.6g (4.2g sugars)
- 1 litre chicken stock (see tip)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 star anise
- 2 finely sliced chicken breasts
- 300g ready-to-wok fine noodles
- 150g sliced mangetout
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- Shredded spring onions
- Chopped fresh coriander
- 1 finely sliced red chilli
- Heat 1 litre chicken stock in a pan, add 1 tbsp grated ginger, 1 crushed garlic clove, 2 star anise and 2 finely sliced chicken breasts. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 300g ready-to-wok fine noodles and 150g sliced mangetout, then continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce and the juice of 2 limes. Spoon into 4 serving bowls and top with shredded spring onions, chopped fresh coriander and 1 finely sliced red chilli.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vietnamese beef soup
This delicious spicy soup recipe takes a while to make but very little effort. The...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...