Asparagus and broad beans
- May 2011
- 400g broad beans, podded
- 12 asparagus spears, cut into short pieces at an angle
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Cook the podded broad beans in a large pan of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, then use a slotted ›spoon to remove the broad beans, leaving the water in the pan. Refresh in cold water, then squeeze them from their thin skins and set aside.
- Bring the water back up to the boil, then add the asparagus. Cook for 2-3 minutes until just soft, then drain.
- In a bowl, toss together the asparagus, broad beans and the dressing ingredients. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve warm.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...