Asparagus and broad beans
- May 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 min
An easy vegetarian recipe for a quick side dish, made with fresh seasonal asparagus and broad beans.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 9.1g (1.3g saturated)
- 5g (1.5g sugar)
- 400g broad beans, podded
- 12 asparagus spears, cut into short pieces at an angle
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Cook the podded broad beans in a large pan of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, then use a slotted ›spoon to remove the broad beans, leaving the water in the pan. Refresh in cold water, then squeeze them from their thin skins and set aside.
- Bring the water back up to the boil, then add the asparagus. Cook for 2-3 minutes until just soft, then drain.
- In a bowl, toss together the asparagus, broad beans and the dressing ingredients. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve warm.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
March seasonal recipes
Tray-roast salmon and vegetables with crème fraîche and crumbs
Midweek dinner couldn’t be any easier than combining breadcrumb-coated salmon fillets with slice potatoes, broccoli...