Asparagus and spring onion tart
- May 2012
- Serves 6
- Ready in 35 minutes
This creamy, cheesy vegetarian tart is a perfect springtime dish. It’s quick and easy and even better made with English asparagus.
- 29.8g (15.5g saturated)
- 25.6g (3.1g sugar)
- 375g puff pastry
- 150g fine asparagus spears
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 250ml double cream
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 40g grated gruyère, or vegetarian alternative
- 40g grated cheddar
- 6 spring onions
- Preheat a baking sheet in the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Roll out a 375g pack puff pastry to line a 27cm x 19cm tart tin. Blanch 150g fine asparagus spears for 1 minute in salted boiling water, drain and refresh in cold water.
- Mix 2 medium free-range eggs with 250ml double cream, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 40g grated gruyère and 40g grated cheddar. Season, then pour into the pastry case. Lay the asparagus on top and add 6 spring onions, trimmed and halved lengthways.
- Bake on the preheated baking sheet for 25 minutes until set and golden (you can cover the filling with paper if it browns too quickly).
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...