Baked feta with honey, chilli and parsley
- June 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 15 min, grill time 3-4 min
Sweet and salty baked feta with honey makes a fantastic starter that’s still simple to make
- Vegetarian recipes
- 22.2g (8.3g saturated)
- 67g (8.7g sugars)
- 200g pack of feta
- 1½ tbsp clear honey
- Glug of olive oil
- 1 finely sliced banana shallot
- Good pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 garlic flatbreads
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put a large piece of foil on the work surface and cover with a same size piece of non-stick baking paper. Put a the whole pack of feta on top, drizzle over the honey, a glug of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the shallot and a good pinch of chilli flakes. Fold up the foil and paper around the feta to form a parcel, scrunch to seal, then put on a baking tray with the flatbreads. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the tray from the oven and put the flatbreads on a board (keep warm).
- Heat the grill to high, then grill the feta parcel on the tray for a few more minutes. Unwrap and serve the feta in its paper, scattered with a handful of chopped fresh parsley with the flatbreads.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Butternut and feta fritters with chipotle dip
Serve up these crowd-pleasing butternut and feta fritters with chipotle dip as a starter at...
Asparagus, sweet potato and feta fritters
This vegetarian fritter recipe, made with asparagus and sweet potato, is packed full of flavour....