Baked feta and mint filo pastries
- August 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 20-25 minutes to cook
These cheesy filo pastries only require five ingredients and would make a tasty nibble or dinner party starter, served with a crisp salad.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 18.4g (10.6g saturated)
- 6.2g (2g sugars)
- Small bunch of fresh mint
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g pack feta, sliced into 4 fingers
- 2 large filo pastry sheets
- 25g butter, melted
- Salad leaves and lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Finely chop the mint and mix with the olive oil. Brush over each feta finger and set aside.
- Brush one filo sheet generously with melted butter and lay the other sheet on top. Cut the layered filo sheets into 4 equal rectangles.
- Place a finger of feta at the end of a rectangle and wrap the filo around the cheese, brushing with butter as you go to make it stick. Brush the outside of the pastry with butter.
- Place the fingers on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Serve with salad leaves and lemon wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fill homemade filo pastry baskets with a prawn cocktail or ham and asparagus filling then...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...