Baked feta and mint filo pastries
- August 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 20-25 minutes to cook
These cheesy filo pastries only require five ingredients and would make a tasty nibble or dinner party starter, served with a crisp salad.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 18.4g (10.6g saturated)
- 6.2g (2g sugars)
- Small bunch of fresh mint
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g pack feta, sliced into 4 fingers
- 2 large filo pastry sheets
- 25g butter, melted
- Salad leaves and lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Finely chop the mint and mix with the olive oil. Brush over each feta finger and set aside.
- Brush one filo sheet generously with melted butter and lay the other sheet on top. Cut the layered filo sheets into 4 equal rectangles.
- Place a finger of feta at the end of a rectangle and wrap the filo around the cheese, brushing with butter as you go to make it stick. Brush the outside of the pastry with butter.
- Place the fingers on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Serve with salad leaves and lemon wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fill homemade filo pastry baskets with a prawn cocktail or ham and asparagus filling then...