Baked vacherin mont d’or
- December 2014
- Serves 8-10
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 30 min
Served as a starter or part of a canapé platter at a party, this easy baked cheese recipe will be very popular with guests.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 14.6g (9.1g saturated)
- 0.1g (trace sugars)
For 10 servings
- 500g vacherin mont d’or cheese, at room temperature
- a few small sprigs of rosemary
- a good glut of white wine
- Remove the wooden lid and all plastic wrapping from the mont d’or cheese, then return it to its wooden box.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Stud the top of the cheese with the sprigs of rosemary, then pour over the wine. Put the lid back on the box and wrap well in foil.
- Put on a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes – the cheese should be melted throughout and the skin should be darkening. Remove from the oven, take off the foil and lid, then break the skin to reveal the warm meltiness beneath. Serve immediately in its box with the ham skewers and breadsticks for dipping.
The riper the cheese, the longer it will stay soft after coming out of the oven.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked cheese with herb pesto
An easy take on cheese fondue served with pesto. Perfect for sharing with friends.