Beef carpaccio salad with fresh figs
- April 2023
- Serves 4
- 30 mins
This simple but impressive seasonal salad makes the most of sweet ripe figs. By freezing the seared beef fillet until firm (but not completely frozen) you can cut it far more easily into wafer-thin slices.
This recipe is perfect in summer. Discover all of our favourite summertime recipes.
- 19.8g (5.3g saturated)
- 12.2g (9.6g sugars)
- Olive oil to brush and fry
- 500g beef fillet, in a single piece
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp capers, drained
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp balsamic glaze or balsamic vinegar
- 8-12 figs, depending on size
- 100g rocket
- Handful micro herbs (optional)
- 50g manchego, shaved
- Brush the outside of the beef with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a griddle or heavy-based frying pan until smoking hot, then sear the beef for 1-2 minutes until browned all over. Remove from the heat, transfer to a plate, wrap in cling film and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Dust a plate with the flour then add the capers, tossing them to lightly coat. Heat a shallow layer of olive oil in a small frying pan until shimmering hot, then add the capers and cook for 1-2 minutes until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Put the extra-virgin olive oil, vinegars and a pinch of salt and pepper in a jar. Seal and shake until emulsified.
- To serve, unwrap the semi-frozen beef and slice it as finely as you can. Tear or slice the figs in half, then arrange the beef, figs, crispy capers, rocket and herbs (if using) among serving plates. Finish with the manchego shavings and drizzle over the dressing.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dinner party starter recipes
Beef carpaccio with pickled beetroot and horseradish
Andy Appleton’s beef carpaccio recipe combines classic flavours that truly...
Christmas salmon recipes
Cured wild salmon carpaccio with caramel jhalmuri, potato salad and pea chutney
Impress your friends with Vivek Singh’s carpaccio of cured wild...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter