Beef tagliata with potato, rocket and parmesan salad
- October 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
A hearty beef salad makes for a quick, easy and oh-so-satisfying midweek dinner. On the table and ready to eat in under 30 minutes – you can’t get much better than that.
Check out more beef salad recipes.
- 22.5g (6.1g saturated)
- 23.5g (5.5g sugars)
- 500g new potatoes
- 2 x 300g British sirloin steaks
- Olive oil for frying
- 200g mixed rocket salad
- 400g mixed colour tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 20g parmesan, shaved
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Finely grated zest and juice ½ lemon
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves finely chopped
- Fill a large pan with salted boiling water, then boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain, set aside.
- Brush the steaks with a little olive oil and season generously with salt and cracked black pepper. Heat a frying pan over a high heat until smoking hot, then fry the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare to medium (or until done to your liking). Rest on a chopping board.
- Halve the potatoes, then arrange with the salad and tomatoes on a large platter. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper until well combined, then drizzle it over the salad. Thinly slice the steaks, then drape over the salad. Scatter with parmesan shavings and serve straightaway.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Steak tagliata with roast beetroot, watercress, walnuts and mustard dressing
Debbie Major serves this classic Italian steak recipe with earthy...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter