Steak tagliata with roasted vine tomatoes
- September 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 min
Known as tagliata in Italy – try something different with this quick and easy sirloin steak dish with roasted vine tomatoes.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 4 strings of cherry tomatoes on the vine (each with about 8 tomatoes)
- 8 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 x 225-250g sirloin steaks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 175g rocket
- 75g Grana Padano, cut into thin shavings
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the cherry tomatoes on the vine into a small roasting tin, drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the extra-virgin olive oil and season. Roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the tomatoes are just tender.
- Meanwhile, brush the steaks on both sides with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season to taste. Heat a heavy-based griddle or frying pan over a high heat until smoking. Add the steaks and cook for 2 minutes each side for rare, 3 minutes for medium. Lift onto a board to rest.
- Meanwhile, whisk the mustard and balsamic vinegar together in a small bowl, then whisk in the remaining olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- Spread the rocket leaves over the centre of 4 plates. Slice each steak slightly on the diagonal and lift onto the rocket. Sprinkle over the balsamic dressing, then scatter with the Grana Padano shavings. Serve immediately with the roasted tomatoes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Beef salad recipes
Beef tagliata with potato, rocket and parmesan salad
A hearty beef salad makes for a quick, easy and oh-so-satisfying midweek dinner. On the...
Pangrattato-topped beef with slow-roast tomato, garlic and basil lentil salad
Picnics are more than soggy sandwiches and biscuits – pack up this beef and salad...