Savoury biscuits for cheese
- October 2008
- 50g oatmeal
- 175g wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 100g cold unsalted butter, diced
- 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Mix the oatmeal, wholemeal flour, baking flour, salt and caster sugar in a large bowl.
- Rub in cold unsalted butter, diced, then add the milk and knead lightly to form a dough. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 3mm thickness. Cut into squares or rounds and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Prick with a fork and bake for 12 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool before eating. Will keep for a week in an airtight tin.
Once baked, they keep for up to a week in an airtight tin.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Gouda rye crackers
Crunchy rye crackers make a lovely addition to any dinner party cheeseboard, plus their perfect...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...