Savoury biscuits for cheese
- October 2008
- Makes about 25
- Ready in 45 mins
Fancy making your own savoury biscuits? This is an easy oaty biscuit recipe to accompany cheese and chutney. Make sure you put together the best cheeseboard, too.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 50g oatmeal
- 175g wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 100g cold unsalted butter, diced
- 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Mix the oatmeal, wholemeal flour, baking flour, salt and caster sugar in a large bowl.
- Rub in cold unsalted butter, diced, then add the milk and knead lightly to form a dough. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 3mm thickness. Cut into squares or rounds and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Prick with a fork and bake for 12 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool before eating. Will keep for a week in an airtight tin.
Once baked, they keep for up to a week in an airtight tin.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Gouda rye crackers
Crunchy rye crackers make a lovely addition to any dinner party cheeseboard, plus their perfect...