Bittersweet salmon salad
- August 2010
- Serves 4
- Ready in 10 minutes
This salmon salad recipe is full of complex flavours – cider vinegar, honey and mustard – making it completely mouthwatering, as well as light and refreshing.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 19.8g (3.2g saturated)
- 7.4g (7.2g sugar)
- 1 romaine lettuce, trimmed and torn into large pieces
- 50g bag rocket leaves
- 3 fresh mint sprigs, leaves picked
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips using a vegetable peeler
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 400g salmon fillet, cooked and flaked into big chunks
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp English mustard powder
- ½ tsp runny honey
- Make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, cider vinegar, mustard and honey until they emulsify.
- In a large bowl, toss together the other ingredients, then add the dressing and toss lightly again. Serve immediately.
Make the dressing up to 3 days in advance and keep chilled
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
This lovely, fresh salad recipe uses gravadlax instead of smoked salmon. It makes a light,...