Black bean, sweetcorn and red pepper chimichangas
- November 2018
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 15 min, cooking time 10 min
These cheesy black bean and red pepper chimichangas are sprinkled with extra cheddar and grilled until gooey and crispy. Serve with guacamole and soured cream.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 21g (8.5g saturated)
- 54.7g (8g sugars)
- 2 x 400g tins black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 396g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 100g lancashire cheese, crumbled
- 3 ready-roasted red peppers from a jar, roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest 1 lime, juice of 2, plus wedges to serve
- 8 tortilla wraps
- Vegetable oil for brushing
- 150g pot guacamole
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the grill to high. Combine the black beans, chipotle paste, two thirds of the sweetcorn, half the cheese and half the red peppers in a bowl. Mash together roughly using a potato masher or fork, then season with plenty of lime juice and a little salt.
- Divide the black bean mixture evenly among the tortilla wraps. Fold the sides
of each wrap towards the centre, then roll up tightly to form a parcel. Arrange the wraps, folded-side down, in a microwave and ovenproof baking dish and brush with the vegetable oil.
- Mix together the remaining sweetcorn, cheese and red peppers in a bowl with the lime zest and a squeeze of juice. Season to taste and sprinkle over the wraps.
- Microwave the whole baking dish on high for 5 minutes, then immediately transfer to the grill and cook for a further 5 minutes until golden and heated through.
- Spoon over the guacamole and soured cream, sprinkle over the coriander leaves and serve with the lime wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Parmesan taco shells
Let’s taco ’bout how moreish these cheesy shells are. Perfect for packing with fresh ingredients...