Parmesan taco shells
- Online recipe
- Makes 4 shells
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 8 min
Let’s taco ’bout how moreish these cheesy shells are. Perfect for packing with fresh ingredients such as avocado and crunchy veg slaw with coriander and a squeeze of lime. Mexi-can-we-have-some-more?
- 12.4g (7.8g saturated)
- 0.1g (0.1g sugars)
- 100g cheddar, finely grated
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Line two baking sheets with baking paper. Put the cheeses into a mixing bowl and toss together. Spread the cheese into 4 circles, about 15cm in diameter on the baking sheets and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- While the cheese is cooking, have two large mixing bowls to hand. When the cooking time is up, carefully lift off the baking paper with the melted cheese circles on and place the paper on wire racks to cool for 1 minute. Carefully use a spatula to remove the cheese circles one by one from the baking paper and drape them over the edges of the bowls to shape them. Leave them to cool for 5 minutes, or until completely crisp, then stuff with your favourite taco fillings.
You can also shape the tacos over the top of small upturned bowls.
Fill these with your choice of fillings – avocado and crunchy veg slaw with coriander and a squeeze of lime works well.
Rate & review