Broccoli, sultana and chilli penne with parmesan crumbs
- August 2007
- 350g penne
- 50g ciabatta bread, roughly torn
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 20g vegetarian Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 250g tenderstem broccoli, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ large red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 25g sultanas
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh curly parsley
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Cook the penne according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium and line the grill pan with foil. Mix the torn bread with half the oil in a bowl and season with black pepper. Spread out on the grill pan and grill for 2-3 minutes, turning frequently, until crisp and golden. Cool slightly, transfer to a blender and whizz to coarse crumbs. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the broccoli, garlic, chilli and sultanas and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until the broccoli is tender – add a splash of water to prevent it catching.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the parsley and lemon zest and juice. Season, toss, then divide between 4 bowls. Top with the toasted Parmesan crumbs to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...