Creamy broccoli and bacon spaghetti
- September 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Ready in just 20 minutes, this midweek spaghetti dish is perfect for when your’e short of time but don’t want compromise on flavour.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 24.3g (7.7g saturated)
- 78.4g (6.3g sugars)
- 400g spaghetti
- ½ large head broccoli, cut into small florets
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 British free-range unsmoked streaky bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 100ml half-fat crème fraîche
- 5 free-range egg yolks (freeze the whites in a labelled freezer bag)
- Grated cheddar to serve (optional)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then cook the pasta for 10-12 minutes until al dente, adding the broccoli to the pan for the last 4-5 minutes. Drain in a colander, then drizzle with a little oil.
- Meanwhile, heat a glug of oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and bacon, then fry for 5-10 minutes until the bacon is crisp. Take the pan off the heat.
- Add the pasta and broccoli to the pan with the bacon mixture in it and stir everything together thoroughly. Stir in the crème fraîche and egg yolks, then season well. Serve immediately, sprinkled with grated cheddar, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Burns Night recipes
Sautéed jersey royals with black pudding and fried egg
Crispy jersey royals, meaty black pudding and a fried egg combine in this quick dish...
Summer roast recipes
Roast loin of lamb with braised peas and salsa verde
This roast saddle of lamb bursting with spring flavours is a light, summery alternative to...