Rigatoni with red pesto
- May 2006
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 25g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 tbsp grated fresh vegetarian Parmesan
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 quantity rigatoni
- Small sprigs of basil leaves and Parmesan shavings, to serve (optional)
- Place the pine nuts, halved garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan, basil leaves and the olive oil in the Multi-Mill and pulse until coarsely chopped, or a little longer if you prefer a smoother sauce. Stir in the lemon juice and tomato purée. Set aside while you cook the pasta.
- Place the rigatoni in a pan of boiling lightly salted water and cook for 2–3 minutes, if fresh, until al dente. Allow 6-8 minutes if you have dried the rigatoni completely.
- Drain the pasta, then return to the pan. Add the red pesto and toss well to coat the pasta.
- Divide the pasta between warm serving bowls and garnish with the basil sprigs and shavings of Parmesan to serve, if you wish.
This recipe is made using the Kenwood Chef and its Pasta Maker and Multi-mill attachments.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter