Rigatoni with red pesto
- May 2006
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 20 mins, plus making the rigatoni (see recipe).
If you’re looking for a quick and easy midweek meal, look no further. Add fresh pesto to this rigatoni recipe for a flavourful summer dish.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 25g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 tbsp grated fresh vegetarian Parmesan
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 quantity rigatoni
- Small sprigs of basil leaves and Parmesan shavings, to serve (optional)
- Place the pine nuts, halved garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan, basil leaves and the olive oil in the Multi-Mill and pulse until coarsely chopped, or a little longer if you prefer a smoother sauce. Stir in the lemon juice and tomato purée. Set aside while you cook the pasta.
- Place the rigatoni in a pan of boiling lightly salted water and cook for 2–3 minutes, if fresh, until al dente. Allow 6-8 minutes if you have dried the rigatoni completely.
- Drain the pasta, then return to the pan. Add the red pesto and toss well to coat the pasta.
- Divide the pasta between warm serving bowls and garnish with the basil sprigs and shavings of Parmesan to serve, if you wish.
This recipe is made using the Kenwood Chef and its Pasta Maker and Multi-mill attachments.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...