Bulgar wheat, chickpea and feta salad
- January 2006
- 75g bulgar wheat
- 25g fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves picked
- and roughly chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 lemon
- 410g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 canned artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 150g pack Discover Salad Feta With Red Peppers, drained
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Rinse the bulgar wheat in cold water. Put in a bowl and cover with hot water. Cover with a cloth and leave for 20 minutes. Drain the bulgar wheat and squeeze out the excess liquid. Stir in the chopped parsley and onion. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze one half over the bulgar wheat, discarding any pips. Cut the other half into wedges and set aside.
- Fold the remaining ingredients into the bulgar wheat. Serve with the lemon wedges and a few whole parsley leaves to garnish. You can serve some extra lemon wedges, kalamata olives and rocket leaves on the side
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sweet potato recipes
Diana Henry’s pilaf of mixed grains, sweet potato and fennel
For a hearty vegetarian dinner, try Diana Henry’s pilaf recipe – made with mixed grains,...