Bund Gobi aur mattar subzi, cabbage and green peas
- November 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
This Indian Bund Gobi aur mattar subzi recipe, or cabbage and green peas, is so simple to make and is suitable for vegetarians.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp asafoetida, in supermarkets’ spice sections (optional)
- 3 mild green chillies, sliced
- 4cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 400g white cabbage, shredded
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 100g petit pois, thawed if frozen
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and asafoetida, if using. When the cumin seeds start to sizzle, add the chillies, ginger, turmeric, cabbage and some salt. Toss well, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, ground coriander, half the fresh coriander and the petit pois and stir well. Cook, covered, for a further 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a dish and garnish with the remaining coriander. Serve with the Malai Tikka (chicken kebab) and warm naan bread.
Rate & review