- August 2007
- Makes 400ml
- Ready in 15 minutes
This classic Caesar dressing recipe is the perfect accompaniment to a crispy salad and, with a hint of tabasco, it packs a punch too.
- 6.5g (1.3g saturated)
- 0.1g (0.1g sugar)
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 50ml full-fat milk
- 60g vegetarian Parmesan, finely grated
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Few drops of Tabasco
- Whisk the egg yolks, vinegar and garlic using an electric whisk. Season well with sea salt and black pepper.
- Start pouring the oils onto the yolks in a thin stream, whisking constantly. As it begins to thicken, whisk in the milk and the remaining oils and continue to whisk until creamy.
- Stir in the Parmesan and lemon juice, then season with Tabasco, to taste. Store in a screw-top jar in the fridge and shake well before using.
Note: this recipe contains raw egg.
Leftover dressing will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Rate & review