Caramelised pears with hot cross buns
- April 2009
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 min
Hot cross buns aren’t just for Easter, as this quick pud proves.
- 3 large pears
- 40g butter plus extra to butter the buns
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 hot cross buns,
- Cream or ice cream, to serve
- Quarter and core the pears, then slice into wedges.
- Heat 40g butter in a pan, add the pear wedges, sprinkle with caster sugar and cook over a medium heat until they start to caramelise. Turn over and cook for a few more minutes, then divide between 4 plates.
- Halve 2 hot cross buns, heat another knob of butter in the pan and fry the buns in the pan juices over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 hot cross bun half to each plate and serve with cream or ice cream.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Hot cross buns with marmalade vodka whipped butter
It wouldn’t be Easter without hot cross buns. We’ve taken them to the next level...