Caramelised pears with hot cross buns
- April 2009
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 min
If you’ve got leftover hot cross buns this Easter (or eat hot cross buns all year round), try them with caramelised pears in this quick pud.
Alternatively, use up extra hot cross buns (and any leftover Easter chocolate) in these yummy hot cross bun brownies.
- 3 large pears
- 40g butter plus extra to butter the buns
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 hot cross buns
- Cream or ice cream, to serve
- Quarter and core the pears, then slice into wedges.
- Heat 40g butter in a pan, add the pear wedges, sprinkle with caster sugar and cook over a medium heat until they start to caramelise. Turn over and cook for a few more minutes, then divide between 4 plates.
- Halve 2 hot cross buns, heat another knob of butter in the pan and fry the buns in the pan juices over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 hot cross bun half to each plate and serve with cream or ice cream.
Rate & review