- January 2022
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 2 min, plus simmering time 2 min
Stir up a batch of our chai-spiced latte. Made with black tea, milk, honey and the warming notes of cardamom, cinnamon and fennel.
Pour into a flask to enjoy on a frosty walk with a slice of our ginger, pear and pecan cake.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1.8g (1.1g saturated)
- 5.8g (5.8g sugars)
- no fibre
- 100ml whole milk
- 1 tbsp black or green tea leaves
- 2 tsp honey, coconut syrup or maple syrup
For the chai
- 3 whole cloves
- Seeds from 2 green cardamom pods
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch fennel seeds
- Put the milk, 200ml water, tea leaves and honey/syrup in a saucepan, then stir in all the spices for the chai. Bring very slowly to the boil, then simmer gently for 2 minutes. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and serve immediately or transfer to a warmed thermos flask to drink on a winter walk.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...