Chargrilled chicken with roasted tomatoes, avocado, peas and mint
- August 2006
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30min, plus marinating
This healthy chargrilled chicken is full of smoky flavour and served with fresh tomatoes and avocado.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 16g (2.9 saturated)
- 7.2g (4.4g sugar)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp lime juice
- 500g skinless chicken breasts
- 200g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 100g frozen or freshly-shelled peas
- 4 Little Gem lettuce hearts, leaves separated
- 30g wild rocket
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- 4 spring onions, very thinly sliced
- 1 small, ripe but firm avocado
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Good pinch of caster sugar
- Whisk the oil, lime juice and some seasoning together in a shallow dish. Add the chicken breasts, turn to coat, then leave to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Roast the tomatoes in a non-stick roasting tin for 4-5 minutes, until the skins just burst. Remove from the oven and cut the vines into small sprigs of two or three tomatoes. Set aside.
- Drop the peas into a pan of salted boiling water, bring back to the boil, then drain. Refresh under cold water and drain well. Set aside.
- Scatter the lettuce, rocket, mint and spring onions over 4 plates.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan over a high heat until smoking hot, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes each side, until cooked through. Slice and place on the salad.
- Halve, stone and peel the avocado, then slice over the salad. Add the tomatoes and scatter with the peas.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together, season and spoon over the salad. Serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick griddled chicken, avocado and pumpernickel salad
Avocado, griddled chicken and warm pumpernickel bread make this a healthy salad as well as...