Quick sticky chicken salad
- July 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make, 15 min to cook
This light, healthy chicken salad recipe is an ideal summer supper. And the other good news is that it’s on the table in 25 minutes.
Or, for a more substantial but equally healthy and summery chicken dish, try our low-calorie recipe for jerk chicken with cauliflower rice and peas.
- 13.8g (2.1g saturated)
- 51.1g (10.5g sugars)
- Grated zest of 1 lemon and juice of 1½
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 3½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Small bunch of fresh mint leaves, half chopped, half kept whole or torn if large
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, each sliced into 3 pieces
- 200g podded broad beans
- 200g garlic ciabatta, sliced in half lengthways
- Large handful lamb’s lettuce
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 150g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- Small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, mix together the zest and juice from one of the lemons, the honey, 1½ tbsp of the oil and the chopped mint. Season and add the chicken, stirring to coat. Leave to one side for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broad beans for 2 minutes in a small pan of boiling water. Drain, refresh with cold water and drain again. Slip the beans from their skins and set aside. Tear the ciabatta into small pieces, place on a baking sheet and grill for 5 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Preheat a barbecue or griddle over a high heat. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until charred, sticky and cooked through.
- Toss the lettuce, broad beans, ciabatta, chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and remaining mint together in a large bowl. Whisk together a quick dressing with the remaining olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice and the mustard. Season to taste and pour over the salad, then add the warm sticky chicken and toss to coat.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick griddled chicken, avocado and pumpernickel salad
Avocado, griddled chicken and warm pumpernickel bread make this a...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter