Cheat’s smoked kipper kedgeree
- December 2008
- Serves 2
- 15 minutes
Make this quick and easy kedgeree dish with a pre-cooked pack of rice to save you even more time and effort without compromising on flavour.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Knob of butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350g pack ready-cooked pilau rice
- 1 tbsp creamy horseradish sauce
- 30g frozen peas
- 2-3 spring onions
- 2 smoked kippers
- 2 large free-range eggs
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges
- Melt the butter and the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the pilau rice and cook for 2 minutes. Stir through the creamy horseradish sauce, frozen peas and spring onions, sliced.
- Cook for 2 minutes to warm through. Microwave the smoked kippers according to pack instructions, then skin and thickly flake, removing any large bones, and fold through the rice.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pan of water to the boil and cook the eggs for 7 minutes, then peel, cut into quarters and stir through the rice.
- Top with a small handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped, and garnish with some lemon wedges to squeeze over.
For a traditional version use smoked haddock.
Rate & review