Cheat’s smoked kipper kedgeree
- December 2008
- Serves 2
- 15 minutes
Make this quick and easy kedgeree dish with a pre-cooked pack of rice to save you even more time and effort without compromising on flavour.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Knob of butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350g pack ready-cooked pilau rice
- 1 tbsp creamy horseradish sauce
- 30g frozen peas
- 2-3 spring onions
- 2 smoked kippers
- 2 large free-range eggs
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges
- Melt the butter and the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the pilau rice and cook for 2 minutes. Stir through the creamy horseradish sauce, frozen peas and spring onions, sliced.
- Cook for 2 minutes to warm through. Microwave the smoked kippers according to pack instructions, then skin and thickly flake, removing any large bones, and fold through the rice.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pan of water to the boil and cook the eggs for 7 minutes, then peel, cut into quarters and stir through the rice.
- Top with a small handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped, and garnish with some lemon wedges to squeeze over.
For a traditional version use smoked haddock.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...