Cheat’s spaghetti puttanesca
- May 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 min to make, 15 min to cook
A quick and easy spicy pasta recipe that’s ready in 25 minutes and made using mostly ingredients you’ll have in your storecupboard at home.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 200g spaghetti
- ¼ olive or plain ciabatta, whizzed into crumbs
- Small handful fresh thyme leaves
- ½ x 200g pack ready-sliced red
- onion, or 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 6 anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained and finely chopped
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes, halved
- 100g pitted kalamata olives
- Preheat the grill to medium. Tip the spaghetti into a large pan of boiling salted water and cook according to the packet instructions until al dente. Drain, drizzle with olive oil and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the ciabatta crumbs on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, scatter with the thyme leaves, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and grill for a few minutes until golden and crisp. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Place 2 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan, add the sliced onion and fry over a medium heat until softened but not coloured. Add the garlic, chilli and anchovies and fry for 1 minute. Add the semi-dried tomatoes and olives and warm through for 1-2 minutes. Toss the spaghetti in the sauce and mix well to coat. Serve scattered with the ciabatta crumbs.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...