Cheat’s spaghetti puttanesca
- May 2010
- 200g spaghetti
- ¼ olive or plain ciabatta, whizzed into crumbs
- Small handful fresh thyme leaves
- ½ x 200g pack ready-sliced red
- onion, or 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 6 anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained and finely chopped
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes, halved
- 100g pitted kalamata olives
- Preheat the grill to medium. Tip the spaghetti into a large pan of boiling salted water and cook according to the packet instructions until al dente. Drain, drizzle with olive oil and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the ciabatta crumbs on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, scatter with the thyme leaves, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and grill for a few minutes until golden and crisp. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Place 2 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan, add the sliced onion and fry over a medium heat until softened but not coloured. Add the garlic, chilli and anchovies and fry for 1 minute. Add the semi-dried tomatoes and olives and warm through for 1-2 minutes. Toss the spaghetti in the sauce and mix well to coat. Serve scattered with the ciabatta crumbs.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter