Cheat’s spiced mussels
- October 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 15 mins
Make these mouth-watering spiced mussels as a midweek supper that’s ready in 15 minutes. Serve with plenty of fresh bread to mop up the spicy juices.
- 70g mini chorizo, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp ready-diced shallots, or 3 small shallots, diced
- 3 vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 2 x 500g packs ready-cooked mussels in white wine cream
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- In a medium non-stick saucepan over a medium heat, dry-fry the chorizo until the oil is released and the chorizo starts to crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep to one side.
- Add a splash of vegetable oil to the chorizo oil, add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes over a low heat to soften. Increase the heat, stir through the tomatoes, chorizo and chilli, and season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Slice open the packets of mussels and empty the contents into the pan. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, then simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the mussels are cooked (discard any that remain unopened). Spoon into bowls and scatter with the coriander to serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...