Smoky chicken and bacon salad with cannellini beans
- May 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Enjoy this warm, main-meal salad of chicken, smoky bacon and cannellini beans as a quick and healthy midweek meal. Or check out the rest of our chicken salad recipes for more good-for-you dinner inspiration.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 12.7g (3.5g saturated)
- 16.6g (5.6g sugars)
- 4 small-medium free-range chicken breasts, preferably skin-on
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 125g smoked bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 400g tin cannellini or other white beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g radishes, sliced or roughly chopped
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthways and seeds scooped out, sliced
- 60g mixed salad leaves
- Large handful fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1½ tbsp maple syrup or runny honey
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the chicken breasts in a roasting tin, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes. Add the bacon and garlic, toss well, then roast for 10-15 minutes more. Remove the tin from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Thickly slice the warm garlicky chicken and put on a serving platter with the bacon. Scatter over the cannellini beans, radishes, cucumber, salad leaves and basil.
- Mix the sherry vinegar and maple syrup or honey in a small bowl, then mix in any cooking juices from the roasting tin. Pour over the salad, toss to coat, then serve.
This would make a great lunchbox filler or picnic main course. Put the cooled chicken, bacon and garlic in a container and chill. Chill the rest of the salad in another container, then toss everything with the dressing just before eating.
Rate & review