Chicken, tomato and aubergine traybake
- September 2012
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make, 50 min to cook
This dish saves on the washing up and can be left in the oven to cook while you get on with other things. It’s an excellent way to use up stale bread too.
- 19.7g (4.1g saturated)
- 33.4g (5.3g sugar)
- 8 free-range chicken thighs
- 1 garlic bulb, cloves separated
- 500g new potatoes, halved if large
- 2-3 thick sourdough bread slices, torn into chunks
- 300g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 aubergine, chopped into chunks
- Handful of fresh sage leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Good splash of hot chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Put all the ingredients except the stock in a large roasting tin. Season and toss well to coat. Make sure the chicken pieces sit on top of the veg so they can brown and crisp. Roast for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn the oven down to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4 and drizzle in the hot stock. Roast for 30 minutes more until the chicken is golden and the vegetables are tender.
Rate & review