Grilled lamb with roasted caponata
- July 2011
- For 4 people
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 45 minutes to cook
Caponata is an aubergine dish that is great for dipping bread in for starters, or served with succulent grilled lamb by its side for mains.
- 23.1g (7.9g saturated)
- 23.9g (23.4g sugars)
- 1 large aubergine, cut into large cubes
- 5 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 red peppers, cut into large cubes
- 2 large courgettes, cut into large cubes
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp sultanas
- 4 tbsp green olives
- 50g anchovies in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- 4 lamb leg steaks
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put the vegetables in a roasting tin, toss well with the olive oil to coat, season and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the sultanas, olives, anchovies, vinegar and sugar, then return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes and cook until the vegetables are tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, grill or griddle the lamb leg steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side until nicely browned. Stir the parsley into the caponata and serve with the lamb and crusty bread for mopping up the juices.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Moroccan-spiced lamb steaks
This Moroccan inspired recipe offers a healthy alternative to steak and chips – a simple...
Lamb caponata topped with crispy potatoes
Caponata is a Sicilian dish made primarily with aubergine. This caponata recipe includes lamb to...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...