Chicken, feta, tahini and aubergine traybake
- June 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 40 min
The tahini, pomegranate molasses and honey drizzle turns sticky and gnarly as it bakes in the oven – a finger-licking good chicken dish.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 44.1g (11.6g saturated)
- 20.7g (15.7g sugars)
- 1 sliced aubergine
- ½ x 200g pack of feta, crumbled
- ½ bunch trimmed spring onions
- 4 British free-range skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp runny honey or agave nectar
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 1½ tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Drizzle of oil
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the aubergine, feta and spring onions in a medium roasting tray and mix together. Add the chicken thighs, skin-side up.
- In a jug or small bowl, combine the rapeseed oil, tahini, lemon juice, honey or agave nectar and season. Drizzle over the chicken and vegetables, then roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, scatter over the sugar snap peas, pomegranate molasses and a drizzle of oil, then roast for another 5-8 minutes until the aubergine is tender and the sugar snap peas are still crunchy and green. Serve straightaway.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken and veg traybake
The root vegetables in this traybake cook till caramelised, in the chicken juices and wine....
Honey mustard chicken and parsnips
Honey and mustard pair perfectly with both parsnips and chicken in this sweet and comforting...