Chicken, feta, tahini and aubergine traybake
- June 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 40 min
The tahini, pomegranate molasses and honey drizzle turns sticky and gnarly as it bakes in the oven – a finger-licking good chicken dish.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 44.1g (11.6g saturated)
- 20.7g (15.7g sugars)
- 1 sliced aubergine
- ½ x 200g pack of feta, crumbled
- ½ bunch trimmed spring onions
- 4 British free-range skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp runny honey or agave nectar
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 1½ tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Drizzle of oil
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the aubergine, feta and spring onions in a medium roasting tray and mix together. Add the chicken thighs, skin-side up.
- In a jug or small bowl, combine the rapeseed oil, tahini, lemon juice, honey or agave nectar and season. Drizzle over the chicken and vegetables, then roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, scatter over the sugar snap peas, pomegranate molasses and a drizzle of oil, then roast for another 5-8 minutes until the aubergine is tender and the sugar snap peas are still crunchy and green. Serve straightaway.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked sausages with prunes and walnut gremolata
Try Diana Henry’s recipe of sausages baked with prunes, red onions and red wine and...