Chilled cucumber and yogurt soup
- September 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus chilling
This delicately flavoured soup recipe is a refreshing start to any Moroccan-inspired menu or perfect on its own.
Browse more cold soup recipes.
- 7.8g (5.3g saturated)
- 9.1g (8.8g sugars)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 500g Greek or thick natural yogurt
- Large handful of fresh mint, leaves picked
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Warm flatbreads and olive oil to serve
- Coarsely grate 1½ cucumbers and finely dice the rest. Put the grated cucumber in a colander over a bowl and chill for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the garlic and chilli into the yogurt and season well. Finely chop the mint, reserving some small leaves to use as a garnish, then stir into the yogurt.
- Squeeze the moisture from the grated cucumber, then add the cucumber to the yogurt with the lemon juice and enough water to bring the mixture to a soupy consistency (about 250ml). Whizz until smooth with a hand blender or liquidiser. Chill until ready to serve.
- Scatter the diced cucumber and reserved mint leaves over the top. Serve with warm flatbreads and a drizzle of olive oil.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter