Chilled cucumber and yogurt soup
- September 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus chilling
This delicately flavoured soup recipe is a refreshing start to any Moroccan-inspired menu or perfect on its own.
- 7.8g (5.3g saturated)
- 9.1g (8.8g sugars)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 500g Greek or thick natural yogurt
- Large handful of fresh mint, leaves picked
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Warm flatbreads and olive oil to serve
- Coarsely grate 1½ cucumbers and finely dice the rest. Put the grated cucumber in a colander over a bowl and chill for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the garlic and chilli into the yogurt and season well. Finely chop the mint, reserving some small leaves to use as a garnish, then stir into the yogurt.
- Squeeze the moisture from the grated cucumber, then add the cucumber to the yogurt with the lemon juice and enough water to bring the mixture to a soupy consistency (about 250ml). Whizz until smooth with a hand blender or liquidiser. Chill until ready to serve.
- Scatter the diced cucumber and reserved mint leaves over the top. Serve with warm flatbreads and a drizzle of olive oil.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chilled avocado soup with zingy salsa
When it’s hot, stay cool and make this chilled avocado soup with zingy salsa. Great...
Almond and cucumber soup
Try this chilled summer soup recipe made with almonds and cucumber – it works well...