Chilled yogurt, chilli and cucumber soup
- July 2012
- Serves 2
- Takes 20 mins to make plus 1 hour chilling
This chilled soup recipe is great to serve as a light lunch or summery dinner party starter.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 6.2g (4.2g saturated)
- 8.4g (7.6g sugars)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 200ml Greek yogurt
- 150ml water
- Chilli oil
- Halve the cucumber lengthways, scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon (and discard), then coarsely grate.
- Spoon into a food processor with the chillies, shallots and garlic.
- Whizz to a paste, then add a the yogurt and whizz again. Season with salt to taste, then add enough water (about 150 ml) to give a soupy consistency.
- Chill for 1 hour, then divide between 2 bowls. Drizzle with chilli oil, grind over some black pepper and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chilled cucumber and almond soup with curry spices
This recipe for chilled soup has been adapted from Constance Spry’s cookbook, written in 1956,...
Almond and cucumber soup
Try this chilled summer soup recipe made with almonds and cucumber – it works well...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...