Chinese noodles with mushrooms
- October 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
This aromatic Chinese noodle recipe is made with fresh garlic, chilli, ginger and mixed mushrooms – an easy autumnal dinner.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 9.6g (2.3g saturated)
- 55.8g (4.8g sugars)
- 75ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp shaoxing rice wine
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 450g mixed mushrooms, such as oyster, shiitake and enoki
- 300g egg noodles, or use ready- cooked
- Sliced spring onions, to serve, optional
- Toasted sesame oil to serve, optional
- Combine the vegetable stock, shaoxing rice wine, soy sauce and caster sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Slice the garlic cloves and red chilli and grate the ginger.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat with a splash of vegetable oil, then add the sliced garlic and chilli, and the grated ginger. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the mushrooms. Stir-fry until they start to take on a little colour, then add the vegetable stock mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain and toss through the mushroom mixture. Serve immediately, sprinkled with spring onions and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil, if using.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...