Chocolatey Christmas cake bites
- January 2006
- Christmas cake, shop-bought or you can use this recipe
- 150g plain chocolate
- Edible silver balls, to decorate
- Cut some Christmas cake into 2 slices, about 2-2.5cm thick (a non-crumbly, moist cake works best). Cut into even squares.
- Melt the plain chocolate in the microwave on medium-high for 2-3 minutes. Stand for 6-8 minutes to thicken up slightly.
- Put a bit of cake onto a wooden skewer and, holding it over the chocolate, spoon the chocolate over the cake, twirling the stick so the excess drips off. Put on baking paper and repeat. Leave in a cool place (not the fridge) to set. Just before they set, decorate each with an edible silver ball.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...