Christmas pudding ice cream
- January 2008
- Serves 6
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus freezing
Use leftover Christmas cake or Christmas pudding in this easy-to-make dessert recipe – made with shop-bought ice cream – that’s ready in 10 minutes.
- 500ml tub ginger or vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 200g Christmas cake or Christmas pudding, cut into small cubes
- 75g glacé cherries, roughly chopped
- One ginger loaf cake
- Orange zest and icing sugar to serve
- Slightly soften a tub of ginger or vanilla ice cream, tip into a large bowl and beat with a wooden spoon, until smooth.
- Fold in the orange juice, Christmas cake (or pudding) and glacé cherries.
- Transfer to a small freezerproof container and freeze until solid.
- Just before serving, heat a ginger loaf cake in the microwave on high for 45 seconds, until warm. Thickly slice into 6, divide between plates and top each with a big scoop of the ice cream. Dust with icing sugar and grate over a little orange zest to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Boozy bakes and adult puds
Sherry-drenched fruit and nuts on vanilla ice cream
”I always have a few nuts and raisins left after Christmas. Here I’ve soaked them...