Courgette and artichoke tarts
- September 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 15-20 minutes to cook, plus marinating
These are impressive little vegetarian tarts to serve up and easy to make too, thanks to the cheat ingredient: ready-made pastry cases.
Love artichokes? We’ve got lots more ideas on how to use the vegetable in our artichoke recipe collection.
- 100g crème fraîche
- Small handful of fresh basil, leaves picked and chopped
- 8 sunblush tomatoes, sliced
- 4 Marks & Spencer Savoury Pastry Cases
- 2 courgettes, peeled into ribbons
- 4 artichoke hearts in oil (we like Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Chargrilled Artichokes in Olive Oil), drained and cut into eighths
- 50g mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Mix the crème fraîche with the chopped basil and half the sliced sunblush tomatoes, then season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the tart cases and top with the courgette ribbons, artichokes and remaining sunblush tomatoes.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are crisp at the edges and the pastry is golden. Remove from the oven, garnish with the torn mozzarella, drizzle with chilli oil and serve.
Rate & review