Courgette and mushroom cannelloni
- August 2008
- Serves 6
- Takes 30 minutes to make, 10 minutes in the oven, plus chilling
This easy veggie pasta recipe makes a great dinner for all the family.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 31.2g (16.8g saturated)
- 21g (4.4g sugar)
12 fresh lasagne sheets
350g mixed mushrooms (shiitake, brown caps etc), sliced
- 350g courgettes, grated
- 25g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil,
- plus extra for drizzling
- 150g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh mint
- 200g ricotta, drained
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 150g Roquefort
- 1 large free-range egg yolk
- 100ml double cream
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped, to garnish
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, refresh and set aside. In a frying pan, cook the mushrooms, courgettes, butter and olive oil for 5 minutes, until soft. Season well, stir in the spinach and mint and transfer to a colander to drain off the excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, beat the ricotta with the nutmeg until smooth. Add the lemon zest, season, then fold through the mushroom mix. Spoon the filling along the short edge of each lasagne sheet and roll up. Sit seam-side down in 1-2 buttered rectangular ovenproof dish/es.
- For the glaze, blend the cheese, egg yolk and cream in a food processor (or by hand), until smooth. Glaze the top of the cannelloni and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Bake the cannelloni for 8 minutes to warm through, then finish under a preheated grill for 2 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Toss the tomatoes in some more extra-virgin olive oil and scatter over the top to serve.
Rate & review