- November 2009
- Serves 4-6
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 30 minutes to cook
This creamy cannelloni recipe with hot smoked salmon is the perfect comfort food on a cold evening.
- 51.7g (28.5g saturated)
- 30.5g (3.1g sugar)
- 2 x 160g packs hot-smoked salmon fillets
- 20g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 15g Parmesan, grated, plus extra for the topping
- 250g tub ricotta
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Small bunch fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 200g pack dried cannelloni tubes
- 500g pot crème fraîche
- 125g ball mozzarella, drained and torn
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. In a bowl, skin and flake the hot-smoked salmon and mix with the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, ricotta, lemon zest, toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley. Season well. Spoon into a piping bag with a wide nozzle (or use a teaspoon if you don’t have a piping bag) and use to fill the cannelloni tubes.
- In a bowl, mix the crème fraîche with the lemon juice. Season and spoon half over the base of a large ovenproof dish. Layer the cannelloni on top in a single layer, then spread the remaining crème fraîche over the pasta. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan and scatter with the mozzarella. Bake for 30 minutes until golden on top.
For a cheaper alternative to hot-smoked salmon in the stuffing for the cannelloni, use smoked salmon trimmings.
Rate & review