Cranberry and orange vodka
- December 2008
- Makes two 500ml bottles
- Takes 15 minutes to make, plus maturation
The cranberries give this vodka recipe a brilliant ruby colour that looks so Christmassy – perfect to give as a gift.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 9.6g (9.2g sugar)
Per 50ml serving
- 250g fresh or frozen cranberries
- Pared zest of 2 oranges
- 175-200g caster sugar, to taste
- 1 litre unbranded vodka
- Put the cranberries into a shallow dish and stab them with a fork, but don’t reduce to a mush. Put them into 2 sterilised (see know-how), wide-necked jars with lids, with the strips of orange zest and the sugar.
- Pour over the vodka, seal and leave somewhere dark for 2 weeks, shaking the jar now and then (about once a week), until the sugar has dissolved.
- Strain the liquid through a muslin-lined sieve into a jug, decant into sterilised bottles, seal and label.
Decorate the bottles with a ribbon, some wrapping ties or a Christmas decoration. This would make a great present with some nice shot glasses.
To sterilise the bottles: preheat the oven to 150°C/fan130°C/gas 2. Wash your bottles and lids in hot soapy water, rinse well, then leave to drain briefly. Put the bottles into the warm oven and leave for at least 15 minutes before using.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Katrya’s baba with vanilla and lovage syrup
Olia Hercules’ baba is soaked in a vanilla and lovage infused vodka syrup for a...