Cranberry sauce with vodka
- December 2007
- Serves 8
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus cooling
A boozy twist on a traditional Christmas side dish, designed to be served alongside your turkey roast.
You can make this up to a month before you need it, then freeze.
- 0.1g (trace saturated)
- 12.3g (11.7g sugar)
- trace salt
- 450g fresh or frozen cranberries
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 clementine
- 4 tbsp vodka
- 75g caster sugar, or to taste
- Put the cranberries, zest and juice and vodka into a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring, until the cranberries begin to burst.
- Stir in the sugar, to taste. Set aside to cool. Serve at room temperature.
To freeze: Spoon into freezer bags, and freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost at room temperature.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter