Cranberry sauce for Christmas
- December 2008
- Serves 6
- Ready in around 15-20 minutes
You can use fresh or frozen cranberries to make this Christmas cranberry sauce; the ultimate accompaniment to roast turkey.
Looking for more sauces, trimmings and sides? Take a look at our recipes, here.
- 300g fresh (or frozen) cranberries
- 100g caster sugar
- 100ml port
- 1 orange, zest pared
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Put the cranberries in a pan with the caster sugar, port, orange zest and cinnamon stick.
- Heat gently and simmer until the cranberries start to break down and become sticky and tender.
- Set aside to cool until ready to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Brown sugar brandy butter
This sweet take on brandy butter is a delight. Don’t serve your Christmas pud or...