Cranberry, orange and thyme sauce
- December 2004
- Serves 8
- less than 30 minutes
Add some orange and thyme to this recipe to give your cranberry sauce an extra something special for Christmas dinner. You can make it ahead, too, as it will keep in the fridge for up to one week.
- the juice of 2 oranges
- 225g unrefined light muscovado sugar.
- 450g fresh or frozen cranberries
- the leaves from 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- garnish with a fresh thyme sprig
- Put the juice of 2 oranges into a saucepan with 225g unrefined light muscovado sugar. Dissolve the sugar over a low heat, then increase the heat and boil rapidly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 450g fresh or frozen cranberries. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer for 7-10 minutes, until the cranberries have softened.
- Stir in the leaves from 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, then set aside to cool and thicken. Serve garnished with a fresh thyme sprig.
This will keep covered in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Rate & review