Freezable cranberry sauce
- December 2009
- serves 12
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
Homemade cranberry sauce is a winning recipe to complete a roast turkey. To save time and stress on Christmas Day, here’s a cranberry sauce you can freeze.
For something a bit different, you could try our mulled cranberry sauce recipe instead.
- 97 kcals
- 23g (22g sugar)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 175g caster sugar, little extra to taste
- 100ml port
- 450g fresh cranberries
- Place the orange zest and juice, the sugar and port into a small saucepan, place over a low heat and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cranberries and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the cranberries have just softened and the sauce has thickened. Taste and add more sugar if required. Cool before serving.
To freeze: Cool the completed sauce and freeze in a sealed container. Defrost fully before warming through to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Classic cranberry sauce
You can make this classic cranberry sauce recipe in advance, for a homemade taste without...