What to do with leftover vodka
Vodka is primarily drunk with a variety of mixers however it can be a wonderful addition to many dishes, as it provides a strong yet crisp flavour.
Recipes using vodka
- Tres leches cake with white Russian syrup
- Pink peppercorn and vodka pickle
- Watermelon, vodka and herb granita
- Beetroot, vodka and soured cream soup
- Fruity vodka jellies
How to use up leftover vodka
- Prawns á la russe. Fry raw king prawns in a hot pan with a little garlic and olive oil. Set aside. Pour a splash of vodka into the hot pan with fresh parsley, then drizzle over the warm prawns.
- Super-short pastry. Use vodka instead of water in a shortcrust pastry recipe. Alcohol doesn’t form gluten with the flour and it evaporates during cooking, giving a shorter, more crumbly pastry.
- Grown-up nibble. Stir vodka through créme fraîche or whipped double cream with horseradish, dill, black pepper and plenty of lemon zest. Serve dolloped onto good smoked salmon and topped with a little sustainable caviar.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe