Creamy chicken, pea, leek and spinach pasta
- June 2012
- 2 free-range, skinless chicken breasts
- 150g tub Paysan Breton creamy cheese (from Waitrose), or similar
- Finely pared zest of 1 lemon, juice of ½
- 2-3 pinches of chilli flakes, lightly toasted in a dry pan
- 200g Waitrose elicoidali pasta, or shape of your choice
- 200g mix of peas, leeks and spinach
- Put the chicken breasts in a small pan of cold water over a medium heat. Slowly bring to the boil, skimming off any scum that rises to the surface. Reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes until cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon, set aside to cool slightly, then shred into bite-size pieces.
- Mix the creamy cheese with the lemon zest, juice and 2 pinches of chilli flakes, season and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Meanwhile, cook the vegetables according to the packet instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water, then return to the pan with the water, over a low heat. Stir through the creamy cheese and chicken, let them warm through for a minute, then add the vegetables. Season with plenty of pepper and a pinch more chilli flakes, if you wish, then divide between 2 plates and serve.
This combo works well with any pasta. Refrigerate the chicken cooking liquid to use in soups.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter