Quick chicken, pasta and butter bean soup
- February 2006
- Serves 2
- Ready in 15 minutes
This healthy and satisfying soup recipe, made with chicken, pasta and butter beans, is an easy soup for two that’s ready in just 15 minutes. We’ve got plenty more healthy soup recipes where that came from…
- 600ml chicken stock, hot
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 75g dried spaghetti, broken into short lengths
- 410g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Good handful of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Pour the stock into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, then add the chicken breasts and spaghetti. Simmer, partially covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the butter beans, tomatoes and chilli. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the chicken and spaghetti are cooked.
- Season and stir in the parsley. Divide between deep bowls and serve with crusty bread.
Rate & review