Creamy leek gratin
- November 2008
- 3 large leeks, washed
- 90ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp double cream
- A handful of fresh breadcrumbs
- 30g grated vegetarian Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Arrange the leeks, cut into 3 and halved lengthways, in an ovenproof dish and pour over 90ml chicken or vegetable stock and 2 tbsp double cream. Season well.
- Mix a handful fresh breadcrumbs with 30g grated vegetarian Parmesan and sprinkle over the leeks. Bake for 30 minutes until the leeks are tender and the crumbs golden brown.
This goes beautifully with both lamb and pork chops or even with a juicy steak. You can also try it with some sliced Parma ham and slices of Taleggio or other soft cheese on top of the leeks before sprinkling with the breadcrumbs and baking.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoked haddock, savoy cabbage and potato gratin
Smoked haddock and savoy cabbage are perfect additions to this creamy potato gratin – a...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...