Creamy spinach, soft egg and Parma ham ‘pizzas’
- May 2011
- 375g (1 sheet) ready-rolled puff pastry (we used Tesco)
- 2 heaped tbsp tomato sauce (we used Napolina Tomato and Herb Pizza Topping, from major supermarkets)
- 250g Tesco Finest Creamed Spinach (or similar)
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 3 tbsp mascarpone
- 15g grated Parmesan
- 2 Parma ham slices, cut into long strips
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Cut the puff pastry sheet in half, then re-roll and freeze half to use at a later date. Divide the remaining pastry into two equal rectangles, then put on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Score a 1cm border round the edge of each piece and prick the inside all over with a fork. Spread both with tomato sauce, then top with a layer of the creamed spinach.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Make an indentation in the middle of the spinach for each ‘pizza’ and crack 1 egg into each. Dot small dollops of mascarpone around each egg and scatter with grated Parmesan.
- Turn the oven down to 200°C/180°C/gas 6 and bake for 5 minutes more or until the pastry is golden and the egg has just set. Top with Parma ham and serve.
You can easily make this recipe veggie by using goat’s cheese instead of Parmesan and omitting the Parma ham
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fennel and mascarpone risotto with scallops and prosciutto
This luxurious risotto recipe works well as an indulgent supper or as a dinner party...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...